You can inquire to this opportunity online.
You have the option to save this opportunity if you would like to inquire at a later date.
Nurse Acute Care Mission Trip in
Full time nursing director needed in Afghanistan
CURE International transforms the lives of disabled children and their families in the developing world through medical and spiritual healing, serving all by establishing specialty teaching hospitals, building partnerships and advocating for these children.
1. A Masters Degree in Nursing or equivalent combination of training and experience
2. A Masters Degree in Health Administration is an advantage.
· Knowledge of current nursing practices with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Good computer skills.
· Eight to ten years of experience in clinical nursing.
· 3-5 years experience in administrative nursing.
Staff reporting to you: All heads and supervisors in the nursing and midwifery department.
CURE International Hospital is primarily a teaching hospital with services in family medicine, internal medicine, paediatrics, OBGYN, pathology, general surgery, plastic surgery and orthopaedics. The hospital provides quality, evidence-based care for all patients (whether private or regular, in-patient or out-patient).
The medical training programs currently running at the hospital include a 3-year residency program for family medicine, a 3-year residency program for pathology, a 1-year OBGYN fellowship program and a 2-year surgical fellowship program. The agreement with the MOPH is that some doctors on completion of their training will be sent to other needy areas as specialist trainers and continue to provide quality patient care. CURE also runs an Out- patients’ Family Health Clinic which is the first stop for all patients before being referred to the Hospital.
Purpose of the Position: To plan, direct and evaluate the activities of the nursing and midwifery department, including implementation of the department’s philosophy and goals, standards for nursing/ midwifery practice and management and development of nursing personnel. He or she will provide leadership and direction in all nursing/midwifery matters, implement and uphold CURE Hospital Values.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
1. Communicate regularly with the hospital director and give input on all matters related to nursing.
2. Is responsible for the direct patient care in the hospital.
3. Formulate nursing mission, philosophy and objectives.
4. Develop written short and long-term plan departmental objectives.
5. Review, approve and enforce nursing policies and procedures.
6. Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, staff compliance and licensure.
7. Collaborate with other government and community health organizations such as the Ministry of Public Health, Department of Nursing and Midwifery, educational institutions of Nursing and Midwifery.
8. Assist in preparation and administration of the nursing department budget.
9. Maintain a system for evaluation and control of supply levels.
10. Establish and maintain an effective system of records and reports.
11. Maintain good working relationship with other departments.
12. Maintain and update the nursing and midwifery department organization chart showing the positions of the nursing, channels of communication and their interaction with other departments.
13. Formulate, implement and evaluate a nursing personnel management program.
14. Advise the recruitment and conduct performance appraisals of department supervisors.
15. Hold regular meetings with nursing department managers individually and collectively.
16. Assess and implement patient safety measures.
17. Monitor incident reports and implement corrective action.
18. Prepare a written response by nurses in case of an internal or external disaster and prepare for its implementation.
19. Develop a mechanism for nursing staff to give input into management decisions.
1. Ensure that a comprehensive orientation program is conducted for all new nursing staff.
2. Guide the development of continuing education for nursing staff.
3. Participate in the assessment of nursing needs and provide opportunities for staff development.
4. Plan, coordinate and participate in nur