You can inquire to this opportunity online.
You have the option to save this opportunity if you would like to inquire at a later date.
Physician Assistant Physician Assistants in Psychiatry Mission Trip in Ghana
Our mission is to solicit practical ways and means to through which to help address socioeconomic deficits within our society.
Purpose: As per the Foundations on going health program which seeks to use behavior change communication to promote community led activities, the need for volunteers with health background is key to achieving this.
The focus of the project is to foster positive health practices in households and communities and support changes in cultural norms that reinforce and maintain these practices in the urban towns and rural areas within our scope of operation.
With the main goal of the project being the improvement of health status of communities in the target communities, the project will use Community Mobilization, Community Based Distribution, Capacity Building and Monitoring and Evaluation to achieve its target.
Location: Communities within our scope of operation
Key Responsibilities: 1. Assist community health nurses at the local health center (CHIPS-compound)
2. Assist local volunteer and community to develop a community action plan when absent and facilitate its implementation
3. Organize community meetings and educate the gathering on a health topic
4. Home visits to educate household on a selected health topic or topics
5. Identify social groups in the community, attend their meetings and educate them on selected topics
6. Fill data collection forms with local volunteer and submit to field facilitator
7. Facilitate community health outreach programmes
8. Assist in organizing health training programmes for focus groups in the community
9. Partner the local volunteer to organize focus group discussions on a health topic
10. Refer health cases to health center
Reports to: Field facilitator
Length of Appointment: The full agreed period that the volunteer will serve.
Time Commitment: A volunteer is expected to work not less than 30 hours a week.
Time of work is flexible, one must develop a work plan to meet the conditions and activities within the community
Training for this position will be provided at the two-day orientation session. In addition, the field facilitator and project manager will be available on an ongoing basis to answer questions and provide other assistance as needed.
Physician Assistants in Psychiatry